The Messengers of Peace (MoP) Initiative is a call to action, inspiring and sharing the message of peace with more than 20 million Scouts and young people in over a million local communities in over 160 countries to help “Create a Better World”.
With the support of His Majesty King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, the idea was conceived in 2010 and launched in 2011. This initiative is the flagship programme of the World Organization of the Scout Movement, calling its member NSOs to support the programme through Service Projects and Community Service at the grassroots level.
In the WOSM’s Network Report for the month of February 2014, the Boy Scouts of the Philippines ranks 1st in the Asia-Pacific Region in terms of Network Membership and Service Hours, with more than 3,000 members online and more than 500 Million Service Hours, respectively. Overall, we ranked Second at the World Level after Saudi Arabia.
By the end of 2014, our NSO target is to reach at least 10,000 Scouts and Leaders from BSP to take part in this world initiative. This would be possible by increasing our members, service hours and service projects uploaded and shared to the WOSM’s Messengers of Peace platform.
In support to this initiative, the Boy Scouts of the Philippines is enjoining all Local Councils and Regions to help promote “Messengers of Peace” by conducting MoP Workshops and Modules during council and regional Scouting events and observances with the help of the Council and Regional MoP Coordinators duly trained for the purpose.
Should you decide to include the Messengers of Peace Logo in your future Council and Regional Scouting events and activities, please see the links below:
Queries and after action reports relative to any “Messengers of Peace” projects and initiatives containing photos and stories shall be forwarded to Mr. Yasser F. Sarona, National MoP Coordinator and PARD Executive, through (02) 527 5112 local 524.
What are the Five (5) Areas of Service that MoP caters to?
The MoP initiative caters to Five (5) Areas of Service specifically on (1) Training on Dialogue, (2) Capacity Building, (3) Peace Projects, (4) Support to Children and Young People in “Hot Conflict” situations and (5) Globalizing the Messengers of Peace Network.
What does the MoP "Service Hours" refer to?
The MoP “Service Hours” refers to the number of Scouts and Leaders doing “voluntary service” during “service projects” to include but are not limited to community development projects, tree planting, coastal clean-up, earth hour, outreach and feeding programs, leadership activities, training courses, seminar-workshops, jamborees, moots, camps, dialogue and youth forum among others.
Where can I share my stories about my service projects?
The MoP Network is an online platform at www.scout.org where Scouts and Leaders can create their profile and share their videos, pictures and stories about their service projects. This is an avenue where Scouts from all across the globe can share and exchange best practices on service activities, tools, resources on projects which can be replicated and/or further develop by other NSOs.
Who are the appointed Regional and Council MoP Coordinators and Leaders?
The BSP appointed qualified Scout Leaders who have undergone technical training conducted by the BSP about the Messengers of Peace as Local Coordinators and Leaders, the roster of which is as follows:
1. NEILBRIEN A. PAMO – Pangasinan San Carlos City Council
2. FRANCIS EIRICK A. TAMAYO – Dagupan City Council
3. ART LORENZ F. FRANCISCO – Eastern Pangasinan Council
4. JERWIN O. VALENCIA – Ilocos Norte, Laoag City Council
5. ARTHUR M. LLAGUNO – Ilocos Norte, Laoag City Council
NORTHEASTERN LUZON REGION
1. IAN CHRISTOPHER MANGAOANG – Baguio City Council
2. ROMMEL B. PERICO – Nueva Vizcaya Council
3. MICHAEL ANGELO V. BIGAO – Nueva Vizcaya Council
4. EMMANUEL ARTHUR G. GREGORIO – Cagayan – Tuguegarao City Council
CENTRAL LUZON REGION
1. ARIEL E. MANALO – Bulacan Council
2. PAOLO REGALADO CRUZ – Bulacan Council
3. NOLASCO C. SAN MIGUEL – Bulacan Council
4. DIANA SJ ABARGOS – Bulacan Council
5. JAN RAINIER C. BALARIA – Cabanatuan City Council
6. ELIZABETH LIM – Cabanatuan City Council
7. FLOYD S. DIZON – Angeles City Council
8. ERWIN C. VILLANUEVA – Tarlac Council
9. RHEYMART PEDROCHE – Tarlac Council
10. RAUL MENDOZA – Tarlac Council
11. REYNALDO MENDOZA – Tarlac Council
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
1. IAN REGENAL G. OLIVARES – Parañaque City Council
2. BERNANDO G. DE LEON – Manila Council
3. GERONIMO D. TOLOSA – Manila Council
4. EISNER E. SABERON – Manila Council
5. JOHN PIERCE T. TUBAY – Manila Council
6. CHARLES STEPVEN S. LIN – Manila Council
7. RAMON J. DE PAZ – Manila Council
8. MICHAEL F. APAITAN – Manila Council
9. MARKELL DANIEL E. PADUA – Manila Council
10. JOHEMIE L. QUIÑONES – Manila Council
11. ROY CHRISTIAN A. INCIONG – Manila Council
12. DEXTER C. VILLA – Manila Council
13. CARL JEFF ANDREW ANGELES – Manila Council
14. ZION CRISENSIO – Quezon City Council
15. JOHN PAUL VILLALOBOS – Quezon City Council
16. DANIEL DARIUZ P. REGINO – City of Mandaluyong Council
17. DARYL ALFRED Y. TADIQUE – Makati City Council
18. DERICK GONZALES – Makati City Council
19. KARL LYEL B. LIM – Metro Manila East Council
20. RYAN LLENADO – Valenzuela City Council
SOUTHERN LUZON REGION
1. IAN GABRIEL P. CRUCILLO – Laguna Council
2. CHARLES EBBIE E. MARTINEZ – Rizal Council
3. PAULO ANDRES ALON – Sta. Rosa City Council
4. CHICKLET DIAZ – Antipolo City Council
5. ENRICO LANZANAS III – Calamba City Council
1. RAYMARK G. BARREDO – Iriga City Council
2. CARL LOUISE A. POLO – Legazpi City Council
3. NORIEL DLS. GALICIA – Camarines Sur Council
4. JOHN PAUL LOUIE L. ABE – Naga City Council
WESTERN VISAYAS REGION
1. KYZEL E. DAGDAG – Iloilo Council
2. RINAN JAN D. DASMARIÑAS – Iloilo Council
3. LOUIE B. RANER – Bacolod City Council
4. PAOLO AUGUSTINE A. MABUGAT – Bacolod City Council
5. GLECERIO S. MAGBANUA – Negros Occidental Council
EASTERN VISAYAS REGION
1. JOSHUA EMMANUEL H. PAGULONG – Bohol Council
2. RAINER JOSHUA P. RESERVA – Bohol Council
3. JOSMOND JUDE C. GORECHO – Cebu Council
4. JOSIAH KEVIN V. REYES – Cebu Council
5. MICHAEL JOSHUA C. LORA – Tacloban City Council
WESTERN MINDANAO REGION
1. ROMLAN P. ESPINOSA – Lanao del Norte Council
2. KIM LAWRENCE P. ERQUITA – ZANDIDAP Council
3. RIO B. PAGLINAWAN – Zambo Sur – Pagadian City Council
4. JERICHO C. ORTEGA – Zamboanga City Council
EASTERN MINDANAO REGION
1. REZEILE ANTHONY V. DONGA – Davao City Council
2. MARCELINO J. QUILARIO, JR. – Tagum City Council
3. PAOLO C. CANSINO – Davao City Council
4. AIKA GUINO-O – Davao City Council
5. MARCIANO A. CRUZ – Davao City Council
6. JASON OCCIDENTAL – Davao City Council
7. ANGELO WALAG – Misamis Oriental Council
8. GLENN ANORA – Misamis Oriental Council